Palazzo Gamboni is a stately home inserted in the old part of the village of Comologno. The palace was built around 1730 by a certain Remigio Gambonino, a native of Spruga, a hamlet of Comologno, owner of businesses in France, where he had emigrated like many other Onsernonesi and where he had set up the project of the house where he intended to return to conclude the its existence. Remigio Gambonino was related to the members of the Remonda family who had also enriched themselves in France and who had built the other important buildings of Comologno, palaces which, especially in the eighteenth century, with their imposing forms created a clear contrast with the modest rural building local. At the beginning of the twentieth century, the owner of the time, Pietro Giacomo Gamboni, also like many other fellow villagers who emigrated to Geneva, set up interesting transformation projects for the building which, however, he was unable to carry out: among these the construction of a tower similar to that of the Castello della Barca. The current importance of the Palazzo lies not only in its history, which is similar to that of several other Ticino bourgeois residences, but also and above all in the fact that a large part of the original furniture, furnishings and furnishings are preserved there, integrated with other nineteenth and early twentieth century.
Some inhabitants of Comologno, on behalf of the municipality in 2001, carefully restored the patrician house, transforming the old wing of Palazzo Gamboni into a hotel that gives the idea of a museum with the possibility of accommodation.